Our new president knows and undertands hunger issues. His mother used food stamps for a short time when he was a child. His campaign published a paper with the Obama/Biden plan for "Tackling Domestic Hunger." He has expressed support for federal nutrition programs that provide hunger assistance, especially for children.
Join us and support Renewing America Together. There are many ways you can learn about hunger in America and in Minnesota. Educate yourself and take action against hunger.
- www.FeedingAmerica.org has a Hunger Action Center. Sign up to be a hunger advocate.
- Check out www.HungerSolutions.org to learn about hunger in Minnesota.
There are many ways to help right here:
- Volunteer at your local food shelf or soup kitchen. Second Harvest's website has a list of our member agencies. Find out which one is closest to you and give them a call.
- Call Second Harvest to volunteer at the food bank 218.326.4420.
- Organize a food drive or a fund drive at work or with an organization you belong to.
- Tell your local goverment officials that hunger relief policies are important and should be supported.
Join in the committment to service and we will "Renew America Together."