- Unemployment rates will temporarily increase, putting extra strain on families.
- Some Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) sites are being forced to close, as the host schools rely on government funding to run summer programs.
- Meal programs that rely on government funding are being forced to shut down.
- Fundraising on behalf of Second Harvest North Central Food Bank or another local hunger-relief organization.
- Make your donation online.
- Spreading the word about the shutdown impact on Minnesota families on Facebook or Twitter. Use hashtag #mnshutdown to track the conversation.
- Donate food to your local food shelf.
Feel free to contact Second Harvest North Central Food Bank with any questions. Thank you for your support during this particularly difficult time for so many of our neighbors.