Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Jaden Hebeisen – Feeding Hope for the Holidays

Jaden Hebeisen – Feeding Hope for the Holidays

Jaden Hebeisen didn’t get any presents on her birthday. Jaden won’t get any at Christmas this year either.
Instead, Hebeisen, who just turned 9, took the gifts she would have received and, with her dad Jared’s help, Jaden brought them to Second Harvest North Central Food Bank and donated them to the Itasca Holiday Program. “I just heard a similar story on the radio and I ran to my dad and told him that I wanted to do that too, help others.”  Jared thought that the idea would quickly fade and become forgotten but when Jaden got up the next day, they made a plan to give her presents away. Not only did Jaden give her gifts but on Monday, December 14th, Jaden and her dad dedicated several hours packing and distributing gift bags to those in our community that are in need.
 “On my birthday, other people get my presents, so it helps families,” she said.
For her 9th birthday, she said, “I didn’t need anything, and I wanted to donate. It’s important to help others.”  “I couldn’t be more proud of her, said Jared.

Jaden with Second Harvest Board Member Diane Skelly
Second Harvest North Central Food Bank serves 115 hunger relief agencies in Koochiching, Itasca, Cass, Aitkin, Crow Wing, Mille Lacs and Kanabec counties. Just over 4.8 million pounds of food and grocery products were distributed through those agencies in 2014. For more information regarding Second Harvest North Central Food Bank, visit www.secondharvestncfb.com or call 218.326.4420. 

No comments:

Post a Comment