Thanks to many generous donors, Second Harvest North Central Food Bank was able to “Feed the Need” in 2009. The food bank distributed over 3.6 million pounds of food in 2009 – a new record!
· Donor support enables Second Harvest Food Bank to implement innovative programs like the Grand Rapids Food Shelf, Itasca Holiday Program and Kids Packs to Go Backpack Program. We are able to store and transport wholesome, nutritious food quickly, and advocate for public policies that benefit America’s hungry.
· Second Harvest Food Bank depends on the contributions of its financial donors to secure and distribute food to hungry people in north central Minnesota.
· Just one dollar enables Second Harvest North Central Food Bank to provide up to 5 meals for people in need.
· Second Harvest takes pride in our commitment to keeping administrative costs low.
· That’s why for every dollar we raise, a full 94% goes directly to the programs we support.
· Second Harvest has earned the Charities Review Council approval.
· Together, we can provide hope to hungry Americans.